Account Management and Entertainment App for Telecom Operator
A1 TAG, one of the largest telecom providers in Europe and a part of the America Movil group, contacted Bamboo Apps with an idea of creating a mobile application. By creating an app A1 was aiming to reach several business goals.
- Creating a mobile application that can serve as a new communication channel between A1 TAG and its subscribers
- Reducing the workload for the company's call centers
- Making communication with the A1 team easier for the users
To solve the business challenge presented by the client, Bamboo Apps' team developed a customer-centric solution that offers improved user experience.
Timelines & scope
4 weeks (concept, UX, wireframes, app prototype, design)
14 weeks (back-end development, mobile development, testing, bug fixing)
iOS , Android, Windows Phone
Services & billing
The app allows subscribers to control their personal account balance and manage the active services in one click.
For example, users can upgrade, pause, or cancel subscriptions; check available call minutes, internet traffic, and texts, and pay for the service.
Video & music streaming
Deep linking to the CMS gives A1 customers an opportunity to access a large video and music library. Online TV is also available by subscription.
Users can choose video and music from the editor's choice list or, alternatively, can set up their preferences and receive personalized suggestions.
Home screen widget
Also with a home-screen widget available, users can have all information about their account balance at their fingertips.
That includes available traffic, calls and texts. The widget also allows for a one-click access to the payments and plan refills.
- The launch of the app resulted in a 27% decrease in voice calls to the carrier’s customer support centers
- Also, with the app A1 customers can manage their accounts more efficiently, which increases customer satisfaction and loyalty